Friday, December 9, 2011

The Gift of Books

Do give books - religious or otherwise - for Christmas. They're never fattening, seldom sinful, and permanently personal. - Lenore Hershey

Don't you love this quote? I do. I'm giving lots of books as gifts this Christmas season. I'm most excited to give my little girl a copy of THE SECRET GARDEN by Frances Hodgson Burnet.

If you do gift with books, you might also enjoy this article - Giving Books For the Holidays - which includes several ideas about specially packaging and personalizing your book gifts.

Are you gifting some of your favorite reads of the year? If so, what are they? 

1 comment:

  1. In Netherlands it's not especially customary to give gifts (although it's getting more and more popular), but since we skipped Sinterklaas this year, I'm thinking of getting some books for my loved ones, and international friends!

    ReplyDelete

It's all about friendly conversation. Please leave your comments and thoughts!