Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: The Wednesday Wars



"Of all the kids in the seventh grade at Camillo Junior Hight, there was one kid that Mrs. Baker hated with heat whiter than the sun. Me."

- p. 1 - The Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt

About the book: He's just started seventh grade with Mrs. Baker, a teacher he knows is out to get him. Why else would she make him read Shakespeare...outside of class?

---

I have an author crush on Gary D. Schmidt. I first read Schmidt's OKAY FOR NOW earlier this year and became a fan for life. Now, I have the pleasure of reading his previous works.  So far, I'm loving THE WEDNESDAY WARS, a story set in 1967. If I didn't have a deadline to meet today, I would sneak outside and finish reading the whole book.


--

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

5 comments:

  1. This one sounds good! I can remember every teacher I thought hated me...and then, in retrospect, realized they were trying to get something more from my lazy self...lol

    I saw his other book on someone's blog today.

    Thanks for visiting my Tuesday memes today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor teachers! Kids always think they are out to get them. Sounds like a funny book. Thanks for sharing. My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great beginning - sounds like you are quite enjoying this one. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL what a great teaser. It just draws you in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your teaser post. This sounds like a cute YA book with plenty of humor.
    Here's my teaser for today: Sandy's Teaser

    ReplyDelete

It's all about friendly conversation. Please leave your comments and thoughts!