Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Writing With Music

A question I get asked a lot is: Do you make a music playlist when creating a new novel?

The answer is yes! The playlist usually evolves during the second or third draft, which is the period when I really begin to see what the story is all about. For Mayday, the playlist was very inspirational. The story has a deep, patriotic thread running through it. Music that conjured love of country and dedication of servicemen and women was a big part of my process.

So on this Veterans Day, as we remember the service and bravery provided by our military, I thought I'd share one of my favorite songs from my Mayday playlist. I hope you like it. It's called The Soldier and The Oak and it's by Eliot Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about friendly conversation. Please leave your comments and thoughts!