Friday, April 6, 2012

Writers' Bedrooms

Hemingway's bedroom

Doesn't this picture fit your idea of what Hemingway's bedroom would look like? Just the right amount of detail and contrast, but not too cluttered - just like his writing. Here's a great series called Literary Style: 15 Writers' Bedrooms. 

A bedroom is really a personal space so this is a very interesting glimpse into the life of artists. I thought about photographing mine for you, but at the moment there's one lazy dog and two cartoon-watching kiddos occupying the space. What I will tell you is that I think my bedroom is very serene. The walls are the color of rain, or what I perceive is the color of rain. I have a chair by the window and it's my favorite place to read.

If you are an artist or writer, tell me: what's your favorite thing about your bedroom space?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. found your blog via Irish Gumbo.

    The favorite thing about my bedroom is that it is small and spare. And my bed is deliciously comfy...I can lounge and listen to music and dream, and sometimes have a poem come to me.

    I can't believe H's bedroom was neat as a pin when he was living in it. Just doesn't go with his personality!

    ReplyDelete

It's all about friendly conversation. Please leave your comments and thoughts!