Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: The God of Small Things



"In that brief moment, Velutha looked up and saw things that he hadn't seen before. Things that had been out of bounds so far, obscured by history's blinkers. Small things." p - 176, The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy

Description: Compared favorably to the works of Faulkner and Dickens, Arundhati Roy’s debut novel is a modern classic that has been read and loved worldwide. Equal parts powerful family saga, forbidden love story, and piercing political drama, it is the story of an affluent Indian family forever changed by one fateful day in 1969.
-

I've wanted and waited to read this book for SO long. I'm so glad I picked it up this week.

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can join in.

4 comments:

  1. This is a delightful book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard good things about this book but haven't read it yet. Thank you for the reminder that I need to get it!
    Here's my Teaser: Tougher Than the Rest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heard about this book but haven't read it! Don't think it's my style!

    Mine: http://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2013/08/05/teaser-tuesday-the-great-hunt/

    ReplyDelete

It's all about friendly conversation. Please leave your comments and thoughts!