Saturday, June 4, 2016

20 Days of Backstory: Day 19

Hi, friends,

In the spirit of Wayne Kovok, the fact-loving protagonist of my new novel, MAYDAY, I'm sharing facts about the story. 




BACKSTORY FACT 19


MAYDAY has a playlist. Most of the time, I bounce around and listen to a ton of songs while I'm editing. For MAYDAY, I had a steady playlist, which provided constant inspiration.

"The Soldier and The Oak" by Eliot Park. (This is the song I heard as Grandpa and Wayne drive East to find the flag.)

"Wave on Ole Glory" by Billy Dean. (Just because.)

"Kryptonite" by 3 Doors Down (When Wayne finds out Grandpa's secret and runs.)

"America" by Imagine Dragons (Watch the video here )

"Til There Was You" by Meredith Willson (The Beatles' version. This is Denny's song.)

"Hero" by Family of the Year (I think Wayne feels this way.)

"Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson (Another running song.)

"Learn to Fly" by The Foo Fighters (A must listen after reading the final page. I listened to this hundreds of times as I edited that final chapter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about friendly conversation. Please leave your comments and thoughts!