Wednesday, May 18, 2016

20 Days of Backstory: Day 3

Hi, friends,

Who likes to know a little behind-the-scenes information about a story? I know I do. In the spirit of Wayne Kovok, the fact-loving protagonist of my new novel, MAYDAY, I'm sharing facts about the story. (You might remember 
Wayne from his small role in COURAGE FOR BEGINNERS.) 

MAYDAY is a story about friendship, fathers and sons, and the importance of finding one's voice. 



BACKSTORY FACT 3


I include homages in each of my novels. There are three in MAYDAY. (There are countless homages in SURE SIGNS OF CRAZY.)

o The last name of my favorite author appears on page four.

o Tim LeMoot’s daughter is named Debra, the name of a funny/scary movie my kids and friends made one year.(Tim LeMoot, the Texas Boot is a famous accident injury lawyer in the story.)

o My favorite radio talk show host is Dennis Prager. He once said that no one ever names their kids Dennis anymore. I gave a hat tip to Mr. Prager when I named Wayne’s best friend Denny (Dennis) Rosenblatt.

- 

My daughter's comment about this was "You can do that?"

Heck yes, you can do this. It's fun. Half of writing is entertaining yourself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about friendly conversation. Please leave your comments and thoughts!