Saturday, May 21, 2016

20 Days of Backstory: Day 6

Hi, friends,

Who likes to know a little behind-the-scenes information about a story? I know I do. In the spirit of Wayne Kovok, the fact-loving protagonist of my new novel, MAYDAY, I'm sharing facts about the story. (You might remember 
Wayne from his small role in COURAGE FOR BEGINNERS.) 

MAYDAY is a story about friendship, fathers and sons, and the importance of finding one's voice. 




BACKSTORY FACT 6


My good friend Tim is a car restoration professional. He helped me with the Ford Mustang research in MAYDAY. He also told me to put the word “weedwhacker” somewhere in the book. I couldn’t find a spot so I put it in the acknowledgments next to his name. He thinks that's hilarious. 


My friend, Tim,with his custom built Ford Bronco racer.
He and my husband race in the Baja 1000.

Find Tim's other custom projects on his website.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's hilarious too! I'm loving this series of blog posts!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

It's all about friendly conversation. Please leave your comments and thoughts!