Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Not-So-Wordless Wednesday: Hope Springs Eternal

This is the time of year when every neighbor you know apologizes for how bad his yard looks. This year it's especially yellow and dry because of severe drought and water restrictions throughout the Lone Star State. Everyone has burn spots and crunchy grass. We're just telling everyone that yellow is the new green.


But when I saw this single hopeful daisy peeking out at me yesterday in the midst of my parched landscape, I thought, Well, if that isn't a sign of determination, I don't know what is.

9 comments:

  1. Great photo! I love that brave little pink flower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I see a plant growing in the cracks of the sidewalk, I always think the same thing. There's a great children's book in there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo -

    You described it so well.

    Kathy -

    I think the same thing. Some weeds just sprout up in inexplicable places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry we can send you some rain for the poor little flowers..and animals and people.
    We in NJ have more than enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I love the way you put it, Karen. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really happy to see that little pink flower today. We're dry as can be down here on the Gulf. Hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That image does look quite lush - you wouldn't it was in the midst of a severe drought.

    Hope you do get some rain soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a magnificent find! A new way of looking at the world!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen, I wish we could send our overabundance of rain your way. Sun today yay.

    We have that same kind of daisy.

    ReplyDelete

It's all about friendly conversation. Please leave your comments and thoughts!