Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Book Designer Chip Kidd Talks About His Process

I wait.

I wait for news of my new book cover. There are stirrings. Little talk of a book designer at my publisher beginning his/her work. I eat Doritos and send him/her telepathic messages. Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! I can't wait to see your work! I know I will love it.

I do.

Well, you know I'm a fan of both good and book cover art. So when a friend sent me a link from the LA Times with this TED video featuring the marvelous Chip Kidd, I was ecstatic. Kidd recently spoke in Dallas and I was unable to attend. This is an equal parts humorous and informative talk on his creative process.




And here's a link to a splendid TIME Magazine showcase of Chip Kidd's book jacket art. 

1 comment:

  1. I missed his Dallas appearance, but I do love him so. His work is fantastic and his personality is just as good.

    ReplyDelete

It's all about friendly conversation. Please leave your comments and thoughts!