Monday, May 7, 2012

Monday Morning Inspiration: Write Like Hemingway

I recently watched "Midnight in Paris," that gem of a Woody Allen film featuring a writer who enters the world of great authors after midnight. If only a real wrinkle in time such as this existed! I loved the actor who portrayed Hemingway and his vigorous dialogue urging all writers to write about truth and nobility.

The movie inspired me to revisit some of my books on Hemingway. I stumbled across this terrific piece from Confident Writing titled "27 Secrets to Writing Like Hemingway." 

My favorite piece of advice on this list is to "watch what happens today."

--
Do you have a favorite piece of writing advice? Are you a Hemingway devotee? 

1 comment:

  1. I'm a sucker for most of what Stephen king recommends. The man oozes wisdom. :)

    ReplyDelete

It's all about friendly conversation. Please leave your comments and thoughts!